Pump??GE Profile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My GE Profile washer did a load last night. today the timer ran through a complete cycle; however, never drained or went through a spin. I have drained it myself and then the machine spins, but when it refills the same thing happens, timer runs and nothing else (full of water). I am guessing the pump may be shot??? Can i test this some how?? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Your pump might not be shot. It may just be clogged with a piece of clothing or the hose itself. See if you can spin the pump to see if its jammed. If it moves freely I would check out the hoses for blockage providing they are not kinked somewhere.

Exceelent information. I did all this and you got it....there was a sock stuck in the pump itself. NEW twist is that the sock has been removed, but the situation remains the same. Could the sock being stuck resulted in the pump burning out? or causing permanent damage?

Good job finding the sock! I am not sure what model you have. I am guessing you have an electric pump as opposed to a belt driven one attached to the motor. If you see wires going to the pump, I would turn the timer to where it's supposed to drain, pull the electrical plug from the pump and check it for voltage. If you have voltage and the pump is not turning, the pump is bad. Maybe you even had a burning smell earlier. Good luck!

Sponsored Links
Thanks again for your advice. I really appreciate it. Did what you said and the pump was bad. The sock apparently burned out the electric motor on it. Bought a used one at a parts store for $30.00 and installed it. It works like new now. Thanks again...great help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back