Internal Fire Door

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have internal fire doors to my loft but they don't look very nice. Do you know who stocks nice looking ones eg panelled. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Almost all the fire doors you'll ever see are flat panel doors. Have you thought about dressing them up with mouldings to give the look of panels?

Scrit

At the prestige UK head office of a company i used to work for, I once saw a carpenter grunting and groaning and hanging a door on FIVE hinges. I commented that I had fire doors in my own house, and they were heavy, he told me this was a JAPANESE OAK fire door (not veneered, it was about 2 inches thick, and panelled and polished) and said they cost about £500 each.

Funnily enough, the company later went bankrupt.

Sponsored Links
Just got the Wickes brochure and they are advertising 4 panelled fire proof doors (upto 30 minutes resistence) for £48. They look ok in the book but will check them out. Thanks for responses

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back