single oven cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently installed a single oven but it has all of a sudden stopped working. Just wondering if my DIY is incorrect. The oven is 2.2kw, i have ran a cable(4mm) from the cooker control unit to a FCU(13amp) and then ran a 2.5mm cable to the oven. The timer is working but the oven will not operate. :?:

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the oven itself if the timer is working (providing the timer is mains powered). Nothing in the instruction manual? It's probably a long shot but I have known an oven to go into auto after a power cut and all it needed was the clock set and put back to manual.

Instruction manual says as long as the ringer timer is in manual it will not cut off the electricity flowever. There is no clock on the oven. Could it be a loose wire.

Are there any signs of life at all with the oven? ie. does the light in the oven still work? Are there any neon indicators on the front of the oven? Can you get any of these to light? Try playing with the control knobs any see what happens. This will help to determin whether it is a fault with the supply or the appliance. Also how old is the oven? How often is it used? What make is it? As many details as you can please, and we will try our best to work out what the problem is.

Rob

Sponsored Links
The light wont come on at all in the oven, neither will the indicator light, played about with all the switches even took all the wiring out and rewired in case i done it wrong. It is only five month old, we only use it on a night for tea time. The make is Sterling BF01X. Had it working this morning but it just wouldnt come on tonite.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back