watch out diyers!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
according to a local building inspector i was chatting to today he says that if you disturb 25% or more of a buildings thermally accountable structure, then you must upgrade it to full spec under a buildings notice.he says this rule will be phased in shortly

in other words, say if your old flat roof needed re felting and some of the boards needed replacing. if say the old builder just packed a little fibreglass in the void when he built it, then thats not good enough today. bc want a full spec roof putting back with kingspan venting and the whole nine yards.
oh and they will want to come and inspect it too.
scrutiny is becoming tighter, but im not sure how it will be enforced.
watch this space.

Sponsored Links
OMG :!: I live in a "true" Chalet bungalow...acres of roof......I shall do future work@ night :cry:

noseall
its getting that you will need building regs to blow your nose soon ..lol :(

Nige F
if you ever want to move it will show up on the plans/deeds regarding any hidden night time diy...;)

Sponsored Links
the 25% rule applys to all thermal aspects of a building. roof ( pitched or flat), walls, windows......
they will have to re name b.c..... GESTAPO!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back