Shower heads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fitting a wall mounted mixer tap for my bath and would like a retractable shower head to be connected to this - is there any way i can do this?!

Sponsored Links
Sure, all standard bits though not common, from good quality manufacturers. You'll need a good bathroom shop to dig the catalogues out and probably make a phone call or 3 for you. Basically the crux is getting a hose to fit onto a pipe - don't let them tell you it's hard!

Just finished one yesterday but not taken pics yet. Do you already have the tap? Ideally you need separate mixer/taps and spout, you will need a diverter valve between the handwheels and spout to send the flow to the shower hose.

I used Bristan Quadrant stopcocks, diverter and bath spout

http://www.bristan.com/indexbristan.html

Thank you so much! I've already got a shower head - i want to fit it into a hole in the corner of my bath and then have the taps mounted on the wall - is this possible?! I haven't bought the taps yet - those you recommended are the sort of thing i want tho - thank you!

Sponsored Links
If you buy the right parts then it's quite possible.

You can either use a pair of stopcocks(taps) to control temp & flow or a thermostatic shower mixer. From the taps/mixer the water goes into a diverter which inturn sends the water to either your showerhead or a wall mounted spout. You can also fill the bath by using an Extrafill/pressfill which has an outlet built into the overflow.

One think with wall mounted taps is that you really need a false wall to house the pipes and the valve bodies with around 75mm of space. This is a pic of one of the basin taps for the same job, you can see how the wall was built out with studwork to take the taps. This is it a bit later.

The fittings to hold the shower head in the bath rim are not easy to get hold of, the easiest way is to contact Ideal Standard customer service and order a spare for their Domi Solo with retractable hose. This used to be made of plastic and always cracked but They have now changed it to metal and its a much better fitting, Looks like this.

Will be back at the job some time next week and will take pics of the bath set-up, shout if you need more help/info.

Jason

Hi! Me again...more questions! How do i know which taps i can use to do this? I've found some that i like and they lok like the ones you recommended - will they do the job? They are on ebay though - is it ok to buy things like this from ebay?! (its item number 5992586467 if you need to have a look!) Thanks!
Penny

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back