Mixer taps -pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i was wondering if anyone could help.
I have had a 2 port mixer tap fitted in my kitchen for over a year with no problems.
I went away on holiday and when I came back the hot water pressure had gone (just trickling) I have dismantled the tap and found no problems, and all the valves are ok. The hot water tank was drained down prior to the fault - could this have caused an airlock and how could it be fixed???

Sponsored Links
r u able to put ur thumb over the tap end and turn on hot and cold. on some taps this will allow the cold water to travel up the hot all the way to the cistern in the loft and clear the airlock. make sure ur overflow is working !!!

if not do the same connection with ur hot and cold at the washing machine connections

...genius...just found this thread on a 'search'. The hand over the mixer tap for a minute or two worked a treat...

Sponsored Links
Hi Thanks for idea. I couldnt get the cold water to go up the hot pipe as the end of pipe is flush with the end of the mixer tap . After blowing up the tap for a while, unsuccesssfully . I thought I d try folding up a supermarket poly bag and firmly holding the bag on the end of the tap, so the cold water comes out , collects in the bag and goes up the open hot tap pipe, I had to cup (firmly ) the polly bag with 1 hand at the end of the tap and grip the bag around the tap with the other one . worked a treat. you could probably do the same with a plastic drink bottle/ hot water bottle etc. and some gaffer tape.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back