Myson Apollo Si

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Apollo has cut out and now won't ignite (it's a self-igniter). It did this a few weeks ago and after flicking the thermostat switch a few times it ignited just fine, but now nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
right....even my crystal ball aint working properly.

All its telling me is that i need more info.

Its asking type of system for starters.

Its also asking why it wont re-ignite.

David aka mystic meg

I'm not sure of the system. The first time it cut out, a fuse in the mains was tripped out, but when that was replaced, it worked fine. A couple of weeks ago (before it went for the first time) the fan was making 'tinny' noises, and now it's failing to kick in as it should just before ignition. Therefore, I think it's either an electrical fault or the fan's knackered! What do you reckon?

Sponsored Links
I would suspect a part which you may lack the knowledge to change.

Not cheap unfortunately, and CORGI territory.

Please dont repair this boiler yourself, as you are dealing with the combustion process, and a dangerous boiler if you get it wrong.

As gordongas said....get a man who can, and make sure he is a competent man.

David

Cheers for the tips. What sort of money are we talking for a new fan (parts and labour)?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back