Zanussi WJS1397 w/d timer problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When a programme is selected, it will perform the first step and then the timer just buzzes and doesn\\\'t turn. E.g. when a wash cycle is selected it just fills, for a spin cycle it just empties but doesn\\\'t spin.

Is this almost certainly a faulty timer or could it be something else? If I turn the timer by hand slightly, I still can\\\'t get it to start the next step.

Sponsored Links
If you set it to spin, it empties but doesn't turn the drum? Does the timer rotate if left long enough?
If it does, check the carbon brushes on the motor.

Yes, if set to spin, it empties but doesn't spin. I've left it for quite a while and the timer doesn't seem to turn at all. How long is 'long enough'?

It did go through a very brief period where it started the drum, but there was a clicking, the lights flickered and drum sort of 'stuttered' but didn't spin properly. Now doesn't even attempt to turn. Could be the brushes?

I've checked the brushes and they seem fine. I've noticed there's a relay clicking which I guess is supposed to make the motor start, but isn't.

Sponsored Links
Could be one or more of a few things. The motor itself, motor control module or even the programmer. To be honest, very difficult to try and diagnose remotely. Best bet is get an engineer in to diagnose. Could well work out cheaper than throwing parts at it.

I put a meter between the brushes, and when the relay clicks, there's a very brief indication of a voltage. But the motor does nothing.

But yes, I think it's time to call out an engineer. Thanks for your time.

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back