Zanussi WJD1667W Washer Dryer is heating but not drying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
My Zanussi WJD1667W Washer Dryer has recently stopped drying properly. After the drying cycle, the clothes are hot, but still wet. Is this something I can fix myself, or should I call an engineer.
Thanks in advance
Ewan

Sponsored Links
Could be one of a number of things.

Condenser is blocked, not reallya DIY job but I can give you the instructions if you like

Condenser cold inlet valve failed, A bit of a fiddle to do but in the scope of the DIYer.

Thank you Pat
I think I might leave it to an engineer... Many thanks for your help though.
Regards
Ewan

Pat-UK said:

Condenser is blocked, not reallya DIY job but I can give you the instructions if you like

Condenser cold inlet valve failed, A bit of a fiddle to do but in the scope of the DIYer.

Hi Pat,

Would you mind sending ma a copy of the instructions that resolve the condenser problem. I was reading your post and we have the same symptoms with our machine. I am a process mechanical engineer so tinkering is not a problem. If you have a complete service manual I do not mind paying you for a copy

Thanks

Don

Sponsored Links
Post the product number, normally begins with a 9 and is under the model number. This will identify the exact machine you have.

I've got exactly the same trouble, my machine doesn't dry properly either. It gets warm but not hot enough to dry correctly. I tried metering out the dryer elements with a digital meter and they seemed ok but obviously not under load conditions.

Did anyone else solve the problem as I've got a one week old baby who's making a terrible mess, I need my dryer fixed quick!

i wouldnt mind being sent a copy of the blocked condenser instructions if you could so i could get someone to look a mine as i have the same problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back