dishwasher not draining nor completing cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Phillips/Whirlpool dishwasher, probably 7 or 8 years old. I don't have a manual for it. It gets about halfway through a cycle and then gets stuck. The dial stays in the same spot and the machine continues to run indefinitely. Also the thing is not draining. Anybody know what is happening to me?

Sponsored Links
I've not had a Phillips dishwasher, but have fixed similar problems on a Zanussi and a Bosch. If your problem is the same as I have had, it's all down to congealed fat collecting and then blocking either a "siphon thingy", (technical term), or the waste pipe. Lovely job. If you are able to inspect the float valves, water pressure sensors etc you may be able to see where the problem lies.

Good luck and a happy Christmas.

Philip.

dishwashers are NOT waste disposal m/c's

did you know before putting anything into a dishwasher you are supposed to rinse it under the tap first, this removes surplus fats etc that may block a m/c

did you also know the pink stain on any plastic parts is caused by tomato ketchup

useless but true

Sponsored Links
I need to find the electrical scheme for the program circuit of an Hoover dishwasher 7000 model D7420. Can you help me?
I would appreciated it.
Regards
Isabel Pereira
Elvas - Portugal

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back