indesit w133 not washing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the drum of my w133 wont turn with any clothes in but works fine with nothing in , does this mean the motor has gone . any help appreciated before i go and buy a new one.

Sponsored Links
Most Probably the motor brushes have failed, Not an expensive or difficult job to do, should take 10 mins and you don't even have to take the back off the machine.

MALE SURE IT'S TURNED OFF AND UNPLUGGED
Lean the machine back against the edge of your worktop, get underneath it and look at motor, you will see the brushes and holders held in place by 2 screws on each, Undo the screws and remove and unplug the wire.

The carbon should be about half an inch long and the end that touches the motor armature should be shiny, if it's short and looks burnt then they definatly need changing

alright pat
ive checked the bushes and look ok about an inch long and shinney, ive left the machine on and after about 5 minutes it starts to turn, then when it fills up again it stops . Ill live it until i get a new one unless you any other suggestions .Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Indesit machines are very fickle. Loads of strange problems and wierd going ons. Even though the carbons look ok, it's worth while trying a new set. Amazing how many machines work after a change of carbons that look ok.
Might not work in your case but loads cheaper than a new Bosch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back