Toilet Filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do I clean the filter on a Roca dual flush toilet? I have been told this will stop water continually leaking into the toilet bowl. Thanks

Sponsored Links
It's unlikely to be a filter problem (where would the debris come from)?

It's usually just a simple adjustment required - but I can't remember what it is.

joe

joe-90 said:

It's usually just a simple adjustment required - but I can't remember what it is.

joe

Obviously it's the flow switch.

Sponsored Links
oilman said:
joe-90 said:

joe

Obviously it's the flow switch.

Then tell him where to find it!

The water is running into the toilet bowl all the time - I think it's called ghost-flushing. There's no blockage but the man in the shop where it came from said to clean the filter as we live in a hard water area. The instructions given to do this were a bit vague and we don't want to break anything.
Will go to the shop for a demonstration at the weekend

Well it`s the weekend and Derek Acorah rang me last night and said the ghost is causing the flap valve -.not the filter- to not seat properly but Sam told him it could be chalk deposits

My toilet has just developed the same problem, and yes it's a push button flush.

Come on guys, if you know how to fix the damn thing, let us know.

First step - take off the cistern lid.

Actually there's a prior step - ignore the idiotic advice from joe-90.

Next - look at the water level. Is it higher than the top of the flush valve and therefore overflowing over the top? If so then the float valve isn't shutting off, in which case service or replace it.

If the level is not higher, i.e. water isn't overflowing, then the flush valve isn't sealing.

Either of these can be caused by grit/debris. If the flush valve isn't new, then the sealing washer/flap can harden and spoil the ability to seal. If you know what make it is then the chances are you can get a replacement seal. If not, then I'd cut my losses and fit a new one of a known make.

Let us know what you find.

1 You can check if it is a a leaking inlet by removing the cistern cover and gradually adding water (use a glass/cup etc). You should be able to add a few inches of water until the overflow activates.

2 If you put some coloured toilet cleanser around the bowl, you will probably see trace ripples to indicate that it is the washer on the flushing mechanism leaking - try cleaning it up and also the cistern where it seats.

3 A 'new' problem I have found is that it seems OK but when I screw in the cistern flushing screw, this can activate the flow of water into the bowl (presumably by exerting pressure onto the flushing mechanism). Has anyone else experienced this and how can it be cured except by hacksawing off the screw end or only partially tightening the screw ?

desktop, you've posted on an old topic, and it's actually difficult to tell whether (a) you're trying to help the OP, or (b) you're trying to get help on a new problem, or (c) you ]are the OP.

Don't know what happened here;- some kind of duplicate post - please ignore.

No - I'm not the Op (who I hope has now resolved his problem),
My remarks re the screw on the cistern lid promoting the apparent slight raising of the washer on the flushing mechanism are a new slant on this and I would be grateful for any advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back