Noisey Aqualisa Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had an Aqualisa Quartz Power shower installed by a professional plumber but not sure what is acceptable operating noise. It seems to have got worse and does not change whether screwed down or not. Is there something that can reduce the noise or am I expecting too much?

Sponsored Links
Assuming it's the pumped version, pump noise is difficult to eliminate. But if it's mounted on a resonant surface, this will make it worse. Is there some sort of sound-deadening layer under it? Fixing it very rigidly to any surface can also make things worse, because any vibration can be transmitted through the fixings.

Thanks for replying. Yes it is pumped and it is in a cupboard with a plywood base. What would be a good surface to sit it on and what thickness is best?

Went out to a customers house last week and noticed in their airing cupboard that the customer had shoved polystyrene and then rockwool under the shower pump, suppose they were fed up with the noise too.

Sponsored Links
rubber mat.like a car mat or similar.use 2 layers.

OK, thanks everyone I will experiment with the suggestions and report my conclusion back, although not sure what 'rockwool' is, but when I find it I will try it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back