One Radiator Cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just noticed our bathroom radiator is cold. Single level house, combi boiler, we have hot water and all other radiators are fine. Have been nailing plywood into floor of bathroom but used very small nails and i am sure i havent hit a pipe, there has been no pressure drop in the boiler. Radiator in one of the other rooms is off the wall at the moment, could that be affecting it in anyway? Have drained bathroom radiator and get and there is no air left in. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I dont think so. The left hand plastic cover does not uscrew anything when turned it is stiff and then turns and then is stiff again. The right hand cover untwist to open and close the radiator. Both valves look pretty plain. Sorry about the crap info but i dont have a clue when it comes to plumbing.

Sponsored Links
FAQ is always a good place to start as it plainly says.....thanks i will check out the things on the list when i get home tonight, and report back. My main concern was that i had put a hole in a pipe but if so i would still expect some heat to get through and also i would expect a pressure drop.

Info given points to the radiator that is off the wall at the moment. Don't worry too much before you are finished your current
D I Y job.

Finish what you are doing, put back the radiator, refill and balance, if all rads are still not working, ask again....!

:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back