Worcester 15/19 heatslave lockout..Things I could check?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear Talented, Informed & Super people of this forum!
I have a Worcester 15/19 Heatslave boiler. It was serviced February, 2005. It had also developed an intermittant lockout problem at the time and the service fixed the problem. It has worked perfectly ever since. The problem is it has developed the same problem 15 months on. So I was wondering before I called an engineer out if I could check certain things out that might solve the problem. Please dont call me a cheap skate! but we have only been in our new built house for two years and the boiler was never commisioned off at the time of installation! so it is not under warranty!

Thanks in advance,
Gez Anslow.

Sponsored Links
but we have only been in our new built house for two years and the boiler was never commisioned off at the time of installation! so it is not under warranty!

If it's more than 2 years old then this problem will not be covered, however I have yet to find a manufacturer who wasn't helpful. Your user's manual should have some useful checks in it. It could be fuel, nozzle, capacitor, photocell, and others.

What do you mean by intermittent?

I am not very talented but I am reasonable well informed, but "super" ???

You dont say why, since the same problem was fixed at the last service, you have not had it serviced this year.

As Oilman has listed the kinds of thing which may be involved there is little point in me repeating them.

Oil boilers really do need a proper service every year if they are to continue to operate reliable, cleanly and efficiently.

I strongly suggest you get it serviced. The photocell window is probably dirty if it locks out a few seconds after firing up.

Tony

Sponsored Links
oilski.

are you having one of these?

ok i checked first on worceter site cos i know fr ekk all about gas.
...or oil come to that. :cry:

Them big old floor standing worcesters were called heatslave (senior?) 15. Were they 15 / 19 range rated?, I've no idea hence the question ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back