Indesit wd12x not pumping water out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My washing machine appears to wash ok but not spin and empty water. the dial just keeps clicking and not emptying the water. I managed to release the water by opening the filter thingy. please help

Janey

Sponsored Links
filter or pump blocked, or pump given up the ghost (may also be bad pump connection)

Thank you. Are you in Luton too? I tried calling George Grahms and Warden but they dont work on Sat or Sun. Also called Indesit and they want £70 call out and cant get here till Tues. Do you know anyone?

Janey

i am in luton, but no, i dont know anyone, i used to work for hp.
you might try the vac shop. or the herald and post, but do ask for charges first, suggest it may be the pump and then compare £

Sponsored Links
I just had exactly the same problem. I managed to empty the water out by opening the filter cap at the base of the machine and found inside the filter fan a piece of plastic which was obviously what was stopping the fan from rotating and thus draining. With luck it's all sorted now and I can look forward to clean laundry!!

I bet janeydavies has long fixed hers, she only asked 2 years ago.

I also said
filter or pump blocked, or pump given up the ghost (may also be bad pump connection)

an odd piece of plastic in the pump is a blcockage

welcome to the forum, but do read the rules

I know, I just found this place by searching the model number and "blockage" just thought it might be of use to anyone else with the same problem.

I also meant to mention that the previous wash I did I noticed a noise, almost like a car not in gear, which I now think was the plastic (a cable-tie sort of thing) jamming in the fan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back