STAINS FROM CAT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you pse help,last night I got back after being away 2 days, my old cat had got in and slept and left faeces trampledin (andnow dry) all over a lovely new chinese embroidered fine cotton lined white and flowered quilt,all over literally.I have rushed it into cold water, what can I do now,the hand embroidered flowers will get spoiled if I use bleach and perhaps the material will stiffen?Label says ONLY handwash at 30C jersey detergents. Thanks for your help.PS cat hates not having acces to this room and ?did it on purpose!!? :evil:

Sponsored Links
Might be an idea to have the cat for a check-up with the vet. Might be an infection etc

ADRIANO said:
PS cat hates not having access to this room and did it on purpose!!? :evil:
That is a behavioral thing and a vet mught be able to assist. I have two cats (used to have three) and this sort of marking was generally down to a feeling of insecurity. I'd put a lock on the door of some description to ensure that the cat cannot gain access in the future and possibly make a quiet sheltered area of the house solely for the use of the cat (e.g. a covered basket in a quiet corner of the kitchen) - make sure that the cat knows that it is secure there.

bondy said:
:evil: dirty, filthy animals. :evil:
That shows a complete and utter ignorance of cats and isn't helpful at all.

Anyway, how to solve the problem? Try using a bio (enzyme action) washing powder/liqued solution on the affected area. You may need to sponge it out several times, ending with a rinse in fresh water. Dry-out and use medical alcohol to remove any further scent. Unfortunately (from experience) there might still be a slight stain.

Good Luck!

Scrit

Sponsored Links
ADRIANO said:
Can you pse help,last night I got back after being away 2 days, my old cat had got in and slept and left faeces trampledin !? :evil:
is that Latin for sh*tondafloor :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back