Yet another boiler noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had to replace the pump due to electrical failure and being unable to undo the flange couplings I had to drain down and undo the 22mm nuts instead.
The problem now is a kettling noise so I have been told and slight knocking from the boiler I have bled the pipes from the boiler to the tank and all radiators but there was very little in there.
All radiators get hot top to bottom and the boiler is a Glow-Worm hideaway 40.
Would a noise inhibitor help and can it be left in the system once put in if the answer is yes what brand is best to use.

Sponsored Links
How old is the boiler?

IF it is kettling, it might help, it can be left in the system, I think it doesn't matter which one you use (though others may disagree).

Hi Oilman,

That was a nice quick response.

I estimate its about 15 years old I would hate to have to change it yet unless they still made the same model but I doubt it!

I'm replacing a glow worm hideaway 60 tomorrow, with a new one.Not sure if they still make 40.

Sponsored Links
I have just looked on the internet and all models are still available and have been designed to replace older models with even a flue adaptor kit if needed because the new one is fan assisted so smaller.
looks a lot better as well but still can't afford it unless I have no choice!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back