Valve replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought a 22mm compression fitting mid position diverter valve to replace the faulty one on my system, but want to be sure about the task before I start to do the job (it is winter after all!).

In the past when replacing compression fittings I have sometimes found that the olive has cut into the pipe such that a section of pipe needs to be replaced at the same time, being a 3-port valve in a complex part of the plumbing system this would be a tricky job. Is it acceptable to re-use the old olives thereby not disturbing any plumbing or is this asking for trouble?

For info, both old and new valves are Honeywell, with identical mechanical and electrical features even though the part No is different. The fault is such that the valve has difficulty going to the CH-only setting, taking a long time and doing a lot of buzzing.

Sponsored Links
Leave the existing olives in place, and put a smear of jointing compound round the faces of the valve where the olive sits.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back