Replacing Power Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our triton power shower has given up the ghost after 10 years of being rubbish. It never had any power. We have a combi boiler and were going to get a mixer shower. I was just wondering if an electric one would be more eco friendly and more eco-nomical than using lovely old gas.

Sponsored Links
10kW electric costs about the same to run as 24kW gas last time I looked. Combi will give you a much better shower, but probably won't last 10 years, so have an electric as well ready for when it packs up.

A shower desinged to work with a combi is more reliable (less to go wrong), more powerful than electric and gas is cheaper than electric. However when you combi breaks down you have no shower.

Electric showers cost more to buy (when the're installed properly with an RCD), cost more to run than gas, and are not eco-friendly (perhaps only 30% efficient compared to perhaps 70% efficient for gas).

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. The shower did manage to outlast our first combi boiler, we now have a WB Greenstar HE Plus. I think we will go for the mixer shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back