radiator thermostat problem..............

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
all my radiators have DANFOSS RANDALL RAS-D thermostats
there all fine apart from one which what ever setting i put it to the radiator remains very warm...........................................................
can anyone help me please.........

Sponsored Links
Have you tried taking off the adjustable head ?.

If you jam the pin (once head removed) this should turn off the radiator, try it.

Hope that helps.

Alan

Could be you don't have a room thermostat? If this is the case the only way to turn off the heating is to turn down (off) all the rads, during the summer it can get so warm (even in Jockland) that the TRV innards break, therefore it won't turn off.
If this is the case buy a new TRV and use the manual "decorator's cap" to manually close this valve during the summer months (days in Scotland), replacing it with the new head when the heating season starts.

Please note I am not taking the pee. Any country which has given the English so much oil, gas, and entertainment (re: v Faroe Islands :LOL: :LOL: ) should be congratulated.

If it has never worked properly then perhaps the head has had the limits set wrongly.

Most TRVs have little pegs or cams which limit the range over which it will operate. These may be wrongly set or just possibly they have been intentionally set to prevent it going off completely because there is a room stat in the same area.

In any case when the other fault is fixed this will become less relevant.

For others as well it is NOT good for a heating system to leave the boiler on and just turn all the rads off.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back