washing machine wont drain or spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i wonder if anyone can give me some advice my servis washing m/c wont drain or spin. I've checked the filter and removed the blockage but it still wont drain or spin. When i manually empty the machine into a bucket and put the machine on a spin it still doesnt fast spin. Any ideas what i can try next?

Sponsored Links
if it wont drain, that implies blockage or pump, you have cleared blockage, no spin COULD be motor, pressure switch, pressure chamber blocked, either way only one answer

get a w/m enginer, but do get quotes first, or even (best) call manufacturer, sorry this is NOT a diy job

This is probably not the answer you're looking for, but I looked at my neighbour's machine a few days ago, wouldn't spin, and she had all the extra function buttons pressed in - quick wash, pre wash etc. Naturally we had no instruction book but on releasing all the extra buttons, then running on a normal programme, lo & behold, spin cycle kicked in automatically. Good luck.

Sponsored Links
Lorna30 My machine has just developed the same problem as yours back in Jan 04. Doesn't go through final spin and leaves dirty water in drum, having to empty manually. What was the final diagnosis and how much did it cost? Grateful for your advice as I will have to call engineer on Monday, can't have dirty Christmas stockings!

As you noticed, lorna30 posted back in January 2004, it was also lorna30's only post, not so much as a thankyou or a well it was....

so i am sorry i doubt you will get a reply from lorna30.

good luck with your servis engineer, perhaps you would be kind enough to let us know the problem?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back