Can I use 2.5 cable in plastic trunking for a shed supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can some one tell me if Can I use 2.5 cable in plastic trunking for a shed supply.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
How long is the cable run????, to take into account voltdrop.
What you you plan to run out there ????to take into account power rating, to calculate cable size.
What method of fixing are you going to use???? clipped above ground or buried ???? these things are needed to calculate cable size !!!!

Tanglewood

Sponsored Links
MartArt, you can do as you say, HOWEVER, the cable MUST:

1. Run along a permenant wall (not a decorative wall. permenant means it forms part of a larger structure, a garage, for example)

2. Be COMPLETELY enclosed by the conduit, and all joints cemented and the conduit properly supported

3. Use black CONDUIT (round stuff), not TRUNKING. Black conduit is designed for outdoor use and is more tolerant to UV. Use the correct sized conduit boxes.

It MUST NOT run underground, or along the ground, or anlong a fence or decorative wall.

After all this, it might be cheaper or more suitable to use SWA cable, which can run underground.

2.5mm² cable must be protected by a fuse or circuit breaker no greater than 20A. If it is spurred from a ringmain, it must be done using a fused spur with a 13A fuse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back