Pipes in Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new extension being built and wish to add additional radiators to the existing system prior to having a new Condensing Combi boiler fitted. Currently there appear to be 22mm pipes with 4 way manifolds fitted and microbores to the radiators. Can I merely take 15mm supply and returns off of the existing 22mm pipes to the new radiators and towel rails?

Secondly, I am looking to bury some of the pipes in the concrete floor. What is the best way of protecting/insulating those pipes.

Thirdly, the existing pipework is copper. Would it be better to install the new pipework in plastic?

Finally, what is the normal size of pipe from a Worcester Bosch 35 cdi for both heating and for the hot water. i.e. is it 22mm for the heating circuit and 15mm for the hot water.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back