Signs of spilling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all... my first post so il make it a good one..

Heres the situation.. A my aunt has an old valiant balanced flue combi boiler.. im not sure of the model... but i know that its about 20 - 25 years old... maybe more... it is working fine... however i have noticed some staining marks around the wall and ceiling where the boiler is sited... the marks are faint-ish... i thought maybe its a shadow so i shined a torch around the area took a closer look and there still faint marks... i could be just dirt but im a little concerned that it may be spilling... i was thinking that kinda thing doesnt normally happen to room sealed appliances... but the boiler is very dated so im not sure... the boiler is serviced by british gas yearly...

what do you think?

Sponsored Links
It could easily just be due to heated air rising. Easy to check with a flue gas analyser.

J Bean said:
... the boiler is serviced by british gas yearly...
I think you'll find that they don't service it but just (allegedly) carry out a safety check. Anyway the marks are almost certainly from dust entrained by the rising warm air around the boiler.

^^ yeh i wouldnt put it past them...

I might take off the case and have a closer look...

Any suggestions on a boiler when we do change... we'l keep the system combi... 8 rads in the house... bout 28 kw we'l be lookin at...

Sponsored Links
BG staff are CORGI registered and trained to look for any signs of spilling.

As its a room sealed appliance its unlikely anyway if its properly fitted.

Unless there is any reason to do so I would not recommend taking the case off as its more likely to induce faults, thats why BG dont do it unless there is any need.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back