Installing a shower cubicle - Diy or Pro ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in a position to remove my bath tub and fit a shower cubicle. I've always done Diy within the house over the last 25yrs, as I've been involved in electrics, plumbing and etc as part my job as a maintenance supervisor within a factory enviroment.

If I removed the bath and fitted the shower tray and panels, modify the pipework for the shower tray and blank off the tap supplies and re-tiled, etc.

Would this be acceptable by insurance companies.

Sponsored Links
With a name like that, why do you ask ?

You could always contact your insurance company and ask them, since they are the other party involved - rather than speculative answers from people who aren't

Can't see the plumbing being an issue, but the electrics (bonding etc) would be. I'm sure a Q on the sparky forum would give chapter and verse.

I'd be interested to know what an ins co could say. If they ok'd installation by someone incapable and water went through the ceiling next week... ?? You could do a plumbing qualification and never touch a shower cubicle...
On balance I don't think I'd ask!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back