Hotpoint CTD85 condensore dryer not condensing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just recently noticed that my condensor dryer does not seem to 'condense'.
i'm not sure when this started, but I have dried several loads, and the water tank did not fill up at all.

could this have anything to do with the ambient temperature of the room? or could the unit be knackered??

cheers,
Matt

Sponsored Links
It's blocked. Water will be collecting somewhere and will leak out.

i've looked everywhere and cant seem to locate a blockage.
does anyone know these machines?

also, I noticed thatthe machine used to calculate when to stop running (I guess, based on weight or water extracted) so it would reduce running time depending on how dry things were.
It's not doing that now either - maybe thats related to the water in the catch tank.

I've taken the filter out and the removable condensor, but cant see anything obvious.
is there anywhere else that could be a prime location for blockage?
also couldn't find any water in the machine waiting to leak out. strange...

never actualy worked on one but if it has a sliver disc or two in the drum it uses these to measyure resistance to know when to stop

Sponsored Links
thanks, i'll check that.
although I think I need to try and work out where/how it is blocked too..

If it's drying the clothes the water has to be going somewhere. As it's not going into the bottle it must still be within the machine.
Try tilting the machine about 45 degrees and see if any water runs out.
If the water container is at the top then it's pumped up and the blockage is likely to be at the pump (could also be a faulty pump). If it's at the bottom then the blockage is around the condenser.
As to the automatic detection of dry clothes, this could be a sensor failure, carbon brush failure or even a module failure. Not an easy one to diagnose and can be expensive replacing parts to try and cure.

Could it be venting steam? that you can't see because the weather is hot and all your windows are open?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back