Mono-bloc mixer taps?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I bought a mono-bloc mixer tap for my bath about two weeks ago. I was re-fitting my whole bathroom and it was a nightmare to get my bath/pipework in place as I have a very small bathroom.
Initially the taps worked fine, until today that is. I tried to run a bath tonight and my hot tap will not turn off.
I have isolator valves on my pipework, so I can turn off the hot water but I cannot see any way of getting the hot lever tap hood off, without removing the whole block. This means major work to get under my bath and re-do my pipework again.
Please, please please can anyone tell me how I get the tap hood off without having to remove the block?
My taps are fin shaped and move ninety degrees to turn on/off. I can see no visible screw and they won't pull off so I am stumped. I am dreading having to undo everything so that I can get the block off, so if anyone can help me I would ever so grateful.

bunglesabout

Sponsored Links
Can only guess without seeing it, but you often have to prise out a plastic piece, or peer through a gap which appears when the tap is at one extreme or another of travel. Can be a tiny allen screw.

Many thanks ChrisR. You are a life saver!
I found the allen screw and was able to get the tap off, so I am immensely grateful. However I am not so happy with the company who sold me the taps, since it appears that the cartridge is damaged and will need replacing.
Thanks once again!

bunglesabout

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back