I need a good wood decorating idea

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have reacentely just purchased plans for a foosball table (table soccer).
The whole table is made of wood, that you purchase yourself. I need a good creative idea to spice up the wood, Preffebly not varnish or a stain finish. Does any one have a good idea?

Sponsored Links
Whats That?

also varnish or a stain would be alright but i dont know that many techniques, are there that many?

Sponsored Links
We were thinking you would would want it to look a bit like a football field. Over here the pitches are green (grass coloured) and not glossy.

Emulsion is what we call that water-based paint that you put on indoor walls.

Were you thinking of making it look like shiny wood? Will you build it out of ply, MDF or chipboard?

You haven't given us enough information to guess what you want it to look like.

why not use a suitable green fabric [a green version of a pool table]
or would this cause to much drag!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

The football field itself is ply painted with a couple coats of some special paint it tells you to get, to give it an acrilic feel. i am looking for a design for the sides and legs.

sorry for my lack of info :LOL:

Most of the table is made out of thick ply and pine, i was thinking of doing somthing creative and\or diffrent with the sides and legs

have you actualy constructed the legs and frames and looking for creative ideas to cover them !!!!

or have you yet to construct the frame and legs and want desighn ideas for the structure or to enhance it [routering flutes or chamfers for example!!!

I am yet to construct the table, I was just planing ahead.
a champher would be a good idea, but what about a finish?

Rhys.C said:
I am yet to construct the table, I was just planing ahead.
a champher would be a good idea, but what about a finish?

asssuming your going to be artistic with stencilled players, balls, floodlights ect a couple of coats of good varnish will protect your artwork

dont know if its included in the plans but a way of keeping the score would be good
even if its just a player in the relevent team colours slotted into the reliant score ;)

hows about covering it in funky fur
203560.jpg
[/url]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back