Hotpoint Aquarius WD71-Now Available for spares

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since I posted the message below, a dodgy repair man blew the PCB and as a new one is £198.00 I'm going to dump it. (the door opens ok now) If anyone wants the whole machine for spares let me know. - Collect only
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a Hotpoint Aquarius WD71 washer/dryer. Whilst spinning an uneven load it blew the fuse in the plug and consequently went dead. We have changed the fuse and turned it back on and it finished the spin and stopped. The problem is that the door will not open. The door locked symbol is on the display and I have done a spin, then a rinse & spin and it works ok but when it stops the door remains locked. Is there something I can do to unlock it?

Sponsored Links
It sounds like the door interlock has shorted which would be the reason why your fuse blew. The problem is the interlock has shorted and burnt out in the lock position. First you must obtain a new interlock unit ready to replace the old one and to release the old lock which you must do to get access to the retaining screws would the only way is to use a sturdy screwdriver and gently destroy/disintegrate the body of the old lock until the latch is released.Bit drastic I know but I know of no other solution

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back