Drainage Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

I have a downstairs cloakroom which links to a drain in the front of my house. The drain is also linked to one neighbour on the left (upstream so to speak) and two neighbours on the right (downstream).

The drain blocks after a while causing my toilet to become blocked. i have rodded it twice myself and have had homeserve in to do it as well. we spoke to the council and they got a camera team in. they said that there isn't enough fall on the pipework.

i don't know exactly where it is blocking as i wasn't there to speak to the camera team. the pipe leaves my property some 3 metres along and then goes under a public path and then into neighbours gardens on right b4 joining the main sewer.

who would be responsible for the repairs? it was built around the 1970 mark, is located in Burnley and United Utilities are the water providers.

i don't fancy clearing my drain every few months so i can use the toilet. i don't have the time my self due to being in the Army and being away a lot and i believe it would be quite expensive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

'If it ain't broke, just feckin' leave it well alone' :evil:

Sponsored Links
Try using cheap loo roll and persuade your neighbours to do the same !
Being thinner it disintegrates quicker and may stop the drain from your toilet blocking so often.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back