Overfilling problem - Frigidaire Gallery Front Load Washer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 8-10 year old Frigidaire Gallery Front Load washer. Today, twice, the machine overfilled and the pressure of highwater in the drum forced the door open ... and flooded my washing room.

I figure the hot and cold water mixing valve is where the problem may be. It\\\'s not turning off the flow of cold water. I have very mineralized water and change the strainer screen on the cold water line coming to the washing machine frequently. I noticed that I could hear water coming through the mixing valve - so I figure it is not working and likely due to mineralization damage.

Does this sound logical? Should I replace the mixing valve assembly? Or just the valve plungers if possible (I took the unit apart). Or is there another part on the machine that is factor in getting the signal to the mixing valve to turn off - that I should consider checking? Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back