Want to fit a a non-condensing boiler to rented property

er the :LOL: indictates the above is a joke

sheesh lighten up matey wasnt taking the rise out of you

as IMO there is no way of keeping the return at optimum condensing temperature in any building smaller than a castle

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:
er the :LOL: indictates the above is a joke

sheesh lighten up matey wasnt taking the rise out of you

as IMO there is no way of keeping the return at optimum condensing temperature in any building smaller than a castle

Sorry Corgi.........didn`t mean to. hurt your ickle feewings.. (Group hug for Corgiman)...........perhaps not..... ;)

croydoncorgi said:
i always thought 11 degree was the aim

Yes it WAS, with cast iron non-condensing boilers!

Now - it ain't. Get with the (energy efficient) project!:cool:

new one on me! so the aim now is 22deg difference. Like i said you will be doing well to achieve that aim.

Sponsored Links
To increase the temperature drop across the system and therefore reduce the return temperature you must increase the resistance to flow (balancing with lockshield valves) or reduce the circulating force (power setting) of the pump (often not possible, e.g. with combi boilers). But circuit resistance should not be so high that an Auto By-pass Valve (ABV) lets low directly to return.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back