Wiring Electric switch and light in France

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help.

I have a centralised new fuse box upstairs. Many conduits radiate fron here and take power to radiators, lights and power points. The electrician left me spare places to put extra fuses as the house developed. All is well.
I have recently built a new shower/toilet room upstairs and so I need a light and a switch. I have routed the conduits to the fuse box - one conduit from the light and one conduit from the switch. So far so good.

Question 1 - should I run an earth to the fuse box from the switch? I can't find an earth running from the other switches.

Question 2 - Do I connect the switch wires and the light wires at the bottom of the new 10A fuse component and then bring the mains power at the top of the fuse as seems to be the case in the other wiring.

Thanks - and my best wishes,

Bill

Sponsored Links
running the light and the switch seperately to the fusebox seems unusal but nothing really wrong with it i guess.

if the switch,box and conduit are all plastic then there is nothing to be earthed there, british regs say you should take an earth anyway in case this changes in the future not sure about french ones but if in doubt i'd put one in.

as for mounting the breaker i'm not sure how french consumer units work but following the existing layout sounds like a good bet

Sponsored Links
Back