best make of condensing combi for 3 bed semi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:?: I need a new boiler as my old gloworm is 20 years old and eats gas,i am thinking of getting a condensing combi ,i have a 3 bed semi and around £800 to buy a boiler, i have no idea what make to buy any advice would be greatly recieved. cheers john.[/list]

Sponsored Links
you wont go far wrong with something like a baxi 105 he instant, good price at mo from inspiredheating, excellent flow rate and reliable

just to be argumentative as a breakdown engineer i would not install a 105he for all the tea in china.

worcester bosch buderus etc get my vote.

I agree with corgiman worcester bosch are the best, 28i greeenstar junior for tighter budgets CDI for those who can afford it.

Sponsored Links
actuall did an install last week, nearly killed me i can tell you not used to them

it was a greenstar what a marvellous boiler to install and commission and it has to be the quietest boiler i have ever come across

whats up with the baxi, except for cosmetics.fitted shed loads and only needed to change diaphram on 2 fitted 3yr ago.

i would stay well clear of a baxi 105 he instant as well. They had probs with the 150 instant at first. The only baxi/ potterton i would touch is either the performa 24HE(baxi combi 80HE) or performa 30 HE(baxi combi 105HE)Stay clear of the instant version as this is atually a baxi design and not the good old reliable ocean/alpha boiler.

For approx £800 you might get a deal on a worcester greenstar junior. there are some decent band B boilers on the market like alpha CB33HE with an excellent flow rate which are approx £600 +vat Or put a little bit more too and get a Alpha CD32C or a vaillant Ecotec plus 831.

I have lost count of the amount of expansion vessels i have had to change on the instant just because they use half of it of the pre heat

blooming things

corgiman said:
I have lost count of the amount of expansion vessels i have had to change on the instant just because they use half of it of the pre heat

blooming things

now you mention it my pal's has gone on his... But thing is he has left filling loop open for approx 2 years filling it up as the prv is letting the expanded water out. So you can imagine how much of a task that will be flushing his rads out when he finally decided to replace the boiler/repair it. His rads would proabably of rotted away in the next year or so.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back