Guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i had a friend do my guttering. He has used the wrong size and where the guttering joins onto the house next door he has put mastic on it to hold it in place and stop it leaking. It is leaking like a bucket with a hole in. Can you get joining pieces that allow for different sizes each side?

Sponsored Links
I may be wrong but not that I know of. You will have to fit a stop end to your neighbours and likewise to your gutter and you can saddle the small gap between the two with a piece of lead cut to size and bent over the ends to direct rain into either side.

Are they both the same shape but wrong size or just completely different shapes/styles?

DAZB said:
I may be wrong but not that I know of. You will have to fit a stop end to your neighbours and likewise to your gutter and you can saddle the small gap between the two with a piece of lead cut to size and bent over the ends to direct rain into either side.

But if there is only one downpipe....................

Sponsored Links
Slight oversight from me there. They will need to fit a running outlet to the gutter and a 'Y' section to the downpipe and a section of pipe with the appropriate bend to branch into it. Common sense really.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back