Mixer tap noisy when centred

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a couple of glass 'waterfall' style mixer taps - loads are for sale on ebay. When set to full hot or full cold they're fine, but when mixing hot and cold, both taps make a constant noise. It's not a tapping/knocking, it's a steady, pretty loud, swooshing noise.

I thought it might be because the hot was coming in at mains pressure from a gas instant boiler and the cold at a lower pressure from the loft header tank, so I've now got one tap set up with mains pressure for hot and cold supply. Also put inline taps into the pipework to reduce the flow to see if that would help. Bit better now but it's still not really satisfactory.

Anyone know what the problem might be?

Ta.

Sponsored Links
howzat! said:
Also put inline taps into the pipework to reduce the flow to see if that would help.

Ta.

Partially open service valves make a lot of noise also.

At the end of the day you'll have to learn to live with it if you want Claire Sweeny looks in your home. You are either practical or following fashion. Live with the consequences.

Paul B - I would like bits of my home to look like bits of Clare Sweeney - can I achieve this just by shopping at BathStore.com and Habitat?

Sponsored Links
Howzat.......I think they may have been tampered with ........the Tcc are out @ the moment..get a third umpires decision:cool:

don`t shop on e-bay mate!

try PRV`s on incoming supplies,if the taps mix in the body the pressures need to be equal or you`ll have all kinds of problems.

Not sure if they're monobloc and I'm only a DIYer so not knowledgable enough to check/match pressures more than I have without loads of research.

It's weird, cos the RRP on those taps was about £HUNDREDS according to the ebay advert! Seemed like I was getting a bargain and they do have that WOW factor (unfortunately they also have the SWOOSH factor).

Anyway, think I've got the consensus here, and I tend to agree. So I'm off down the plumbers merchants to get something safe and boring ;) (But that works).

Live 'n learn.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back