Hoover WDM120(01) door disassembly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

The door hinge on our Hoover WDM120(01) snapped this morning (a nice surprise after we've had around a dozen friends and family members to stay over the last week and have a huge backlog of associated laundry to do).

It looks like this should be a reasonably simple and inexpensive this to repair; the part seems to be readily available on the web. My problem is that I can't for the life of me see how to take the door apart to be able to fit a new hinge into it. I have undone and removed the 4 torx screws in the door, but the two plastic halves do not want to pull apart. I have tried prizing the two pieces apart, but they are pretty firm and I don't want to break anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience that might assist me, please?

Many thanks,
Adam

Sponsored Links
Hello there,

The door hinge on our Hoover WDM120(01) snapped this morning (a nice surprise after we've had around a dozen friends and family members to stay over the last week and have a huge backlog of associated laundry to do).

It looks like this should be a reasonably simple and inexpensive this to repair; the part seems to be readily available on the web. My problem is that I can't for the life of me see how to take the door apart to be able to fit a new hinge into it. I have undone and removed the 4 torx screws in the door, but the two plastic halves do not want to pull apart. I have tried prizing the two pieces apart, but they are pretty firm and I don't want to break anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience that might assist me, please?

Many thanks,
Adam

No problem and don’t be scared Adam, just put two (2) flat blade screwdrivers under the hinge lugs through the hinge recess and lever out evenly, if you still feel nervous as you lever out; just follow the small gaps as they appear on each side with another flat blade. All will be well I promise.
By the way try not to take the whole cover out, just about halfway will do; it will save you the work of putting back the spring plunger and door hook afterwards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back