Glow Worm Fuel Saver F, 35F

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya
I hope you can help. I have a Glow Worm FuelSaverF, model;35F, almost sure it\\\'s a combi system. It has to be at least 10years old. When we moved into the property the CH & water had been completly drained by the previous owner as the house lay vacant for at least 6mths (moved in 18mths ago). We\\\'ve had the CH switched off all this summer, but the water has remained on. The water switched itself on as usual this morning and we were greeted with loud banging in the boiler. It was switched off immediatlty. A few hours later I switched on the water and the banging continued in the bolier (located in kitchen, wall hung) When switched on the pilot light ignites, water is heard entering boiler then as boiler heats the water, banging starts then stops as pilot light goes out. Hot water briefly enters cold inlet pipe. Boiler also only ingnites for a few seconds before going out, used to stay on much longer.

thanx
Drew

Sponsored Links
Pump seized? Try removing centre screw, insert screwdriver and spin it.

I've just moved into a new place and have similar problems with my Fuelsaver. The pliot won't ignite. I'm assuming the button is the knob on the bottom left with units of heat 1-6?

The pressure is at 0 and I need to fill it so I can bleed the radiators, but I can't find the tap! Is it the round button on top of the pressure gauge? If so I can only turn it a half way before it clicks and I'm back to square one. Please help!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back