Wisdom of combined waste for kitchen sink and appliances?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please excuse newbie ignorance as far as terminology, etc goes... Currently my washing machine discharges into a stand waste which exits the external wall separately to the kitchen sink waste. I am about to add a dishwasher, and replace sink and will be re-plumbing all the wastes. I would like to combine the three wastes somehow so that there is just one waste pipe emerging outside, low on the wall just before entering the gulley. Can I add a stand waste for the D/W then join this and the W/M waste into the sink waste just before it exits the house (using T-junctions, or a manifold - if such a think exists)? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes seperate stand pipes is the best way to do it if you have the space.
Make sure when you attach the tees you have the sweep going in the right direction.
You could always attach the waste pipes into the sink trap but I find them noisy.
Good luck
Pete

Thanks very much for your help! When you refer to the angle of the tee, I assume you are talking about some kind of swept tee? Would it be important to use these rather than a 90 degree tee? Also, (not sure if this is answerable but...) should there be room behind the average dishwasher and washing machine to have a stand waste without making the machine stick out beyond the worktop? I am hoping that horizontal stretch of pipe (from the W/M and D/W trap) will run under the kitchen cabinets (they clear the floor by 16cm). Thanks again.

If you look at the tee it will have one outlet swept in a direction of flow.
As for gaps behind the appliances I have seen some that have and not.

The flexible waste pipe should reach somewhere you can place the stand pipes.
Pete

Sponsored Links
If you intend to combine all 3 into one, our local building inspector demands that the waste pipe be run in 2inch, which when calculated by discharge units is correct and not 1.5inch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back