Frigidaire Wash Machine not spinning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Frigidaire Wash Machine is not spinning or agitating.
I beleive I hear the motor running and I can also spin the barrel by hand
If it is the belt, should I access the internals from the back or the bottom?
Is it easy to replace?

Sponsored Links
I would check the belt out first with these symptoms. I am not sure what model Frigidaire you have but it may be a combination of pushing in on the two spring clips between the top and front panels while lifting up on the top panel. Then locate the screws to remove the front panel. You may also have an older type washer with and access panel in the back of the washer. Good luck!

handyman1962 said:
I would check the belt out first with these symptoms. I am not sure what model Frigidaire you have but it may be a combination of pushing in on the two spring clips between the top and front panels while lifting up on the top panel. Then locate the screws to remove the front panel. You may also have an older type washer with and access panel in the back of the washer. Good luck!

Thanks The model number is FWX6970EW1. So I can leave the Wash Machine Upright. Where would the screws for the front panel be located
I beeive my machine is approx 8-9yrs old. What is the life expectancy?

You can leave the washing machine upright. It appears you have two screws at the bottom of the front panel. After you remove them, pulling down on the panel should remove it. As for the life expectancy, its hard to tell. Although, in my estimation, I think the older washers are made better than the newer ones today. Hope this helps you.

Sponsored Links
Was there any resolution to this problem? I am currently having the same issue. I took the pump assembly off from the motor and it still does not start.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back