Trimming tile thats already down?

srt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im laying a laminate floor and have an opening where the tile from the adjacent room come out past the wall to the edge of where the baseboards were. If I put a reducer strip between the laminate and the tile, it'll look bad I think because it will actually be in the room and not the opening. Is it possible to cut or chip away tile without causing major damage, or am I going to have to remove the tile completly and replace it? Its only about three tiles, but I dont have a wet saw or anything like that.

Sponsored Links
hello srt
you can get tile edging that is lipped ,

or you can get a base plate strip , like a trim that can mask a multitude of difference ,

hope this helps :)

You're not following as usual Moz. :rolleyes:
You can cut the tiles with an angle grinder with a stone or diamond disc in it. However, you may struggle when you come to the edges near the door casings. Either use a Dremel (with the appropriate bit) or take up the tile ands re-cut new tiles to fit properly.

an is that a full face tile you skim , an lose the face/glaze, or do you fit trim as standard ?

Sponsored Links
gcol
take it it to general chat , if you are jealous an hate me , not the diy boards ..thanks ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back