free(ish) bathroom installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To complete my NVQ I need to install a bathroom suite, with completly new Hot and Cold pipework from the initial pipe entry to the room.

I will fix the lot for my amazing fee of £3:75hr, as long as you allow my asessor to view the install.

so if you live in Monmouthshire\Newport etc please help me to help you to help me :D

Sponsored Links
Do they not let you do these jobs in the college any more? How many outside jobs do you need to do these days-when i did my plumbing at college we just had to get 'some' outside evidence and we provoided photos for that and as far as I know no-one ever looked at it or checked it-although they were meant to,I guess they've got stricter with it now then?

chr15 said:
Do they not let you do these jobs in the college any more? How many outside jobs do you need to do these days-when i did my plumbing at college we just had to get 'some' outside evidence and we provoided photos for that and as far as I know no-one ever looked at it or checked it-although they were meant to,I guess they've got stricter with it now then?

Good to here they check your work. Wish someone who knew what they where doing had come round to check the work of the muppet who fitted my girlfriends bathroom as he has made a right balls up :!:

stuartinlancashire said:
Wish someone who knew what they where doing had come round to check the work of the muppet who fitted my girlfriends bathroom as he has made a right balls up :!:
Just a minute - what do you mean by that exactly?

How did that person come to be engaged if they were no good? Frankly, the problem of poor standards of workmanship is caused by customers, not the industry or its training and regulation. If people would just address a job using two adjacent and capable brain cells then they'd see the blindingly obvious, being that you can't just engage someone you don't know and then hope for the best.

Or is your girlfriend the other type of customer - the cheapskate? The kind who shops around getting three quotes, choosing the cheapest and thus wasting the time of the other two who provided a quote for nothing? The customer who thinks that they can drive down a price and still get the same quality of fittings and workmanship, who's actually underqualified to wield a cheque book?

If you haven't already worked it, it p*sses me off when people have a whinge at nobody specifically. Do you think it's reasonable to come on here and moan about another tradesperson with whom you're dissatisfied?

If you really think your girlfriend was stiffed by someone other than you, then bleeding well go and do something about it. Why not talk to Trading Standards and/or tell the advertiser in whose publication you saw their name?

Next time - get a reference from someone you trust. Or ask the tradesperson for references.

FFS. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
One of your better posts softus, and for what its worth I agree. :LOL:

I know thats a big mistake, but what the heck. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You want cheap you usually get cheap. :rolleyes:

None of the NVQ folder can be signed of in college, everything has to be on the job.

The assesor has to see you hang, pipe up and refill at least 2 rads on seperate occassions at 2 different addresses

and another 2 bathroom installs, or a complete soil stack with all waste and WC connections.

He must also see Class 1 ladders and steps being used, PPE, customer dialogue, etc....

£3.75 per hour .....to quote Softus.....FFS :LOL: .......I used to do Private Jobs in the early 70`s for £1.00 an hour cash :eek: while 2nd year apprentice........that must = £10.00 per hour @ today`s inflation .........`twas 3 pints and 20 No. 6 then ;)

£3:75 is my hourly rate with the company i'm doing my apprenticship with. So i will only charge this just to get a bathroom install to complete my folder. So i will only do one bathroom for this once in a lifetime deal! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back