Whirlpool ADG957 - intermittent fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Whirlpool ADG957 fully integrated dishwasher - about 6 years old. It has developed an intermittent fault. It starts the programme as normal, rinses OK and then drains ok. It then starts washing (you can hear the detergent door opening ok)then as it starts pumping the water out it starts beeping continually (on off on off etc) and will not stop until you open the door and reset it by opening the door and holding the start button down (as advised in the manual) for 5 seconds. It will not start again from where it stopped and has to be started from scratch. Usually the programme will run for 10 -12 minutes before it starts beeping but sometimes it is less - depending on how many times it has been reset. Usually it has to be reset just once or twice before it completes the programme - on other occasions it might need reset as many as 8 ot 10 times. Once in a blue moon it will go through the whole cycle ok. I called an engineer who said he didn't know what it was but suggested that we could try changing the programmer. We did - at a cost of about £90 I think - it worked ok for about 2 or 3 washes before the fault returned. Help please !! - reading other posts here it sounds as though it may be the NTC or feeler sensor that needs replaced. Is it?? - thanks in anticipation.................

Sponsored Links
When it sits there bleeping, have a look at the light by the start button, it will be flashing. Count the flashes between pauses and post the result here.
If it appears to be continuous then thats a single flash.

Sods law - the dishwasher behaved itsself last time it was on. From memory however when it starts beeping (on and off) it does not stop at all until you open the door. You can then see the green light flashing on and off - it does not stop at all - it just keeps flashing until the start button is depressed for 5 seconds. Is that what you were looking for Sleepyhead?

I will repost next time it plays up if you want

Sponsored Links
Continuous flash with no pause is a Faulty NTC (temperature sensor)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back