Shower Expert?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everybody..

So here's the story... I bust my father in-law's shower the other day. It's an old Ideal Standard wall shower operated by a lever which I snapped off.

Rather than replacing the shower and tiles I managed to find a replacement Trevi conversion kit on the internet.

Here is the problem.. I can't get the cartridge out to replace it (see pictures).

I've removed the lever and outer casing. The first picture shows the cartridge with the section that operates the lever (centre). I think it sits within a white casing with 2 holes in which I have been told requires circlip pliers to remove, however I need to get the middle section out first before I can pop the circlip out. The instructions suggest unscrewing the cartridge but I just don't know where to do this.

For pictures...click

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2102005790

Please let me know if you can help..

Thanks

Sponsored Links
There are two flats on the metal ring... for a spanner.... ;)

Sponsored Links
Worked a treat.. finally got the thing on after a day of shouting and swearing...

thanks..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back