BANG WHEN FIRST ON

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
WHEN I FIRST TURN BOILER ON I GET A WHOOF NOISE LIKE THE FRONT OF THE BOILER IS GOING TO COME OFF.SOMEONE CAME OUT AND CHECKED GAS VALVE AND SED PRESSURES ARE WRONG.IS THIS RIGHT OR WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE.ANY HELP APPRECIATED

Sponsored Links
Why do you post in capitals?

Why dont you tell us what make and model of boiler you have.

How can a competent qualified person diagnose a problem but be unable to suggest a solution?

It sounds as its what a CORGI calls "explosive ignition" !

The manufacturers however call it "noisy ignition" !

I would say that it should not be used until its been checked by a properly qualified person with a CORGI photocard ( they seem very rare nowadays! )

For the amusement of the genuine CORGI people here, I went to a Polish builder who assured me that the new boiler had been fitted by a CORGI although the builder had amnesia when asked for his name. When I had fixed the minor installer's error the Polish builder asked if I could certify the boiler!!! I refused of course saying that only the installer could do that!!!

Tony

I was talking to someone about William Wilson's he said, yes that's where I get my pat test stickers.

He does discos and rather than pay for pat testing buys the stickers instead at a fraction of the cost.

The more the number of rules, the bigger the tax on the honest.

I didnt mean write in caps.the boiler is a biasi riva he 32kw.ok thanks

Sponsored Links
I think that you mean the M110 Riva Advanced!

Thats quite a new boiler and will be under the two year guarantee but subject to the installer's guarantee as the fault will be due to inadequate gas supply pressure or regulation.

Call back the installer IF he is CORGI registered and get him to check the INLET gas pressures on minimum and maximum power. He will need to set the boiler to the flue sweep setting and use his Flue Gas Analyser to check the CO2 is between 8.7 % and 9.1 %.

Of course if the installer was not CORGI registered you would be better calling Biasi on 01902 304304 to ask for the details of their local service agent and get him to come and check it at your cost which you will then reclaim from the installer if you know his name and address ( via the County Court ) and also report him to CORGI ( 01256 372400 ) for installing a boiler when not registered!

Tony Glazier

Agile said:
CORGIs note the BT number for CORGI ! Its cheaper than calling their 10p per minute 0870 number !

shhh. if the dog finds out it may turn that number off! Been using that for a few years now as 0870 from a mobi costs about 30p/min!

Agile said:
I posted that on ARGI but less CORGIs join ARGI than join IPHE

Another pointless and stupid comment Tony.

Just what have the IPHE done for the RGI, and more to the point. Just what are the IPHE doing for the RGI.

Wouldn't it be better to put the brain in gear, or at least wait till it was sober.

Agile said:
I posted that on ARGI but less CORGIs join ARGI than join IPHE
Is something wrong rotten in the state of Denmark Agile? Are you actually suggesting that the IPHE isn't all it's cracked up to be? :eek:

BTW, why did you remove the words after you'd posted them? Is it beyond you to admit your error, rather then try (and fail) to hide it?

you were right tony. i got my mate who has got a flue analyser and it was the co2 cus it was not in the tolerances.thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back