hotpoint wma58

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone advise,my machine pumps water out of soap draw when spinning.Could there be a blocked filter, if so where.Any help is appriciated

Sponsored Links
it could be a blocked filter or pipework

see this

look at the very bottom (oh and read it)

This may be caused by a blocked internal filter,if you look at the rear of the appliance bottom there is a plastic panel, remove this panel,you will see a large rubber hose from the bottom of the outer drum leading to the pump, this is fix by a large screwed clamp band, undo this band inside you will find a plastic ball & an internal filter remove this filter & clean, when replacing the filter make sure it locate into the raised rubber locating strip in the bottom of the sump hose. ;)

I had exactly the same fault with my WMA58. The water was gushing out of the drawer! I follwed darky's instructions and they were spot on, there was a load of cotton stuck in the filter. Everything seems to be okay now - fingers crossed.

The filter has a nice locating slot at the bottom so you can get it in the correct way round and at the correct depth in the black hose - easy!

Nice one Darky!

:D

Sponsored Links
Many thanks Darky, worked for me too. For anyone else trying this, the only awkward parts are (i) getting the filter out of the rubber holder - you need to do this to clean it properly and (ii) getting the whole caboodle back onto the bottom of the drum and tightening the Jubilee clip. However I managed it and I don't count myself as a DIYer.

Worked here too !!

I got a Hotpoint Aquarious Powerstream WMA852, and today flooded with water since it couldn't drain it while it was going on with its program and pumping more water into the drum.

I opened the lower back, removed the two hoses from the pump, and took the pump off the base.

I found the pump's propel to be jammed due to a elastic string which was actually was the reason why the washing machine was making this loud sharp noise (stuck pump motor)

I couldn't find the filter though. I removed the black hose that leads to the pump but couldn't see anything like a filter which would prevent this elastic string making it to the pump. (!?)

Any ideas where this pump filter fits ?

The filter is the black rubber cup runs of the pump with a jubilee clip round it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back