Tilt and Turn PVCu Tilting too much.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon,

Firstly hello and hope you guys can help out a bit. I have recently moved into a new flat which has tilt and turn PVCu windows, they are operated by a single handle. One of them when set to the tilt position seems to come unhinged in the bottom left corner, when its windy it appears only to be held in place in the bottom right corner and an arm in the top right corner. It works fine in the turn position (hinge is on the right hand side)

Is this simply a matter of adjusting something? I cant really see what I could adjust.

Any ideas or help greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
Ron

Sponsored Links
Hi Ron A common problem I have seen often sounds like the problem is that the window is tilting and turning at the same time. The solution to this is firstly to look at the window mechanism down the handle side of the window. You are looking for a small button or anything spring loaded. If you find something turn the handle so that the window is in the position for tilt, then press the spring loaded button, with the button held down push the top corner of the window in as if you were closing it. Hold the window in this position and turn the handle to the “turn” position. This will move the mechanism and should sort the problem. You might find it easier to get someone else to help you turn the handle while you hold the window closed at the top corner.
If that doesn’t fix the problem then you might have to have a pro look at it.

Hello,

I'm resurrecting this post! I still have this problem with this window but the problem is that there does not appear to be a spring loaded catch anywhere on the window ( I know what Delta 2 is referring to, this catch is on a newer window in the property).

Does anyone else have any bright ideas? If not, what sort of professional should I be calling? Window fitter would be obvious but I don't know who made / installed this window and I suspect anyone else will just want to sell me a new one.

Any help appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back