help, servis 1100 won\\\'t drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Desperately need w/machine fixed. It's not the pipes, I think it is the pump, the warranty on the machine has not long run out so I think the machine may be 2years old now, how likely is it that the pump could have gone? Can't get back of machine off

Sponsored Links
How do I check the pump for blockages, plumbings not my thing, should I tip the machine sideways to get the pump out?

Not recommended to tip machine on its side or back residual water at the bottom of drum may find its way up to your electrical parts/pcb etc. I assume you have checked the filter which is usually pre pump to stop foreign objects entering the pump housing. It is usually in behind a door bottom left on the machine

Sponsored Links
checked filter, checked pipes, main pipe from sink was blocked but clear now, sink was draining ok so presume the blocked pipe wasn't that bad. How do I check pump or could pump be burnt out?

Disconnect all the pipes, take the machine out, tip it 45 degrees (don't lay it on it's side) and look underneath, you'll see the pump attached to the drain hose, it's normally bolted to the base.

How do I check the pump then? I'm getting desperate now...need to sort at w/end???

Sleepyhead said:
Disconnect all the pipes, take the machine out, tip it 45 degrees (don't lay it on it's side) and look underneath, you'll see the pump attached to the drain hose, it's normally bolted to the base.

Have you done this? Or are you asking before you look?
It's obvious once you've looked at it how to get it out.
As to checking it, check inside the pump for anything blocking it, check the hoses for blockages and meter the pump to see if it's open circuit.

Thanks, got pump out, found half of one of my daughters hair slides jammed in the rotor. Managed to get it out but not sure if other half still stuck somewhere. Didn't have star shape driver to dismantle pump, will check running in morning, leaked water from some where after..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back