Indesit WD12X broken door lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a WD12X and I need to remove the door catch as it has broken. I can access the locking unit from above but am unsure how to remove it ready for replacement. 5 Shirts are stuck inside! Any suggestions? :cry:

Sponsored Links
I'm assuming the door is jammed shut.
Get a thin piece of wire or string, feed it into the door and pull it back to unlock the door. (Hope you get what I'm trying to say here).
Once the door is open you'll be able to ascertain what parts are required to repair

I may be being thick, but I assume the wire is supposed to pass on the left of the catch from top to bottom and then be pulled to the right. Sadly I don't seem to be able to do this. Any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
If your door handle is on the right, feed the wire from the right side of the door and work it until both ends are at the left side, then pull to the left.

What a star!!! Success and now I can wear a shirt on Monday! Many thanks for your help. :LOL:

My washing machine is Indesit WD84T, the door handle is broken and now the door is jammed shut. Where shall I inside the string? Is it from the front thru the door handle opening, or via machine lid opening from inside?

Problem is I could not figure out where the string or wire should go... help! :cry:

this worked for me also, piece of string held vertically in both hands fed from r to l then pulled to left releases catch mechanism, brilliant, just got to fix broken lock now or teach my missus how to do this......hmmmm...yeah, fix lock! ;)

tip top this worked for me also - good advice. now just need to find and rpelace door lock - any ideas where to source and manual of how to ?

:)

cheers

PS - just bak from hols with two suitcases of washing :evil: :evil: :rolleyes:

i can't get the string from right to left... can some1 could explain me how should i do that???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back